Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Exterior Decorating

My house is about to under take a large exterior makeover! We bought an old fixer upper and have been working diligently on the interior for the past 2 years, now it's time to attack the outside. I love adding color to the exterior of a house. Easy ways to do this are with your door, shutters, porch furniture and of course landscaping. Here are a few great shots of inspiration!

Front Doors
These pops of color are a great eye catcher.






Shutters
These bold colors look great on European inspired homes. Not so sure if the pink is right for my house, but it looks amazing. I'm loving the contrast between the turquoise shutters and red flowers and the yellow shutters and pink flowers, great idea.






Patio Furniture

Aside from the extreme exterior makeover I am also spray painting our back porch patio furniture. I've got a good idea of what I want, something colorful and cheerful for sure, but here are some cute pieces!




Hopefully the makeover will start this weekend! Can't wait to share the transformation. Be inspired and create!

Note: I do not own any of these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment